Sunday, May 24, 2009

MyLib - The Lending library for book lovers and enthusiasts' alike

Once in a while, you just happen to pass by places you like...when you begin to like them, it is as if a relationship is set in motion...

It was one such day, when a friend of mine remarked that we should go inside Mylib and have a look. We had just alighted at the Ragiguda BMTC stop, where the office shuttle drops me every day. Seeing that it was a library surprised me, for I had passed by that place many a time and had never noticed it until then.

We found that the place had a sincere look about it...some thing that was waiting to be discovered; some thing that welcomes a visitor with open arms and makes him comfortable. The library had a good collection, meticulously arranged. We decided to join and chose the annual membership.

As I write this, it is just more than a month since I joined. Though I don't read as voraciously as I used to, back in college, this place serves my purpose very well. I can easily tell if a library fits my taste quick enough, for it is a matter of finding some authors and books as I browse the collection.

Ernest Hemingway, Rohinton Mistry and Fyodor Dostoevsky - authors to name a few. 'Roots', 'A clockwork Orange' and 'The curious incident of the dog in the night time' - books to name a few. These are authors and books normally not stocked by libraries who would like to cater to only a minuscule section of people. I find them here and it pleases me no end.

Spacious, clean and situated in a residential locality where there is no clamor and noise, the ambiance is perfect. At leisure, I cam able to browse through the collection in a quiet atmosphere. Non- fiction, biographies, history, spirituality, Indian writing, business and management, romance and children s' section - everybody has something to look forward to and appreciate. It is a neighborhood library in its true sense. A lacunae in this locality has been filled and quite remarkably too! People of Jayanagar and its adjoining places have a library to cater to their needs in their midst!

I was extremely happy when Bhavna Desai, founder of the library, noted down a book I suggested. It is indicative of a person who is intent upon improving and welcome to feedback and suggestions. A conversation with her in my next post...

No comments: